One good thing you can say about Eric Trump is that his foundation has raised $16 million for St. Jude’s child cancer research charity since 2007. Unfortunately, he has also pocketed at least hundreds of thousands of those dollars for the Trump Organization, thanks to his corrupt, greedy father.
A newly released 2016 annual tax filing shows that Eric has lied to protect his father’s embezzlement, saying that Trump property, goods, and services were provided as in-kind donations to the charity, when in fact their businesses were paid handsomely for each one.
According to today’s Forbes:
The new document reveals the finances of the foundation during the presidential run of Donald Trump, the man who commanded that the charity pay his business, according to two people directly involved. Former Trump National Westchester employee Ian Gillule previously told Forbes that Eric’s organization was not billed in its first few years of operation. ‘Mr. Trump had a cow. He flipped. He was like, ‘We’re donating all of this stuff, and there’s no paper trail? No credit?’ And he went nuts. He said, ‘I don’t care if it’s my son or not – everybody gets billed.’
Eric said St. Jude’s used Trump golf courses and hotels for charity events, entertainment services, food and beverage services, and much more — all free of charge. Instead, each service was in the six figures, all by itself, year over year.
This all amounts to a serious violation of tax rules, from the family that just passed a tax scam to benefit the 1% at the expense of the other 99%. And Daddy Trump still has not released his tax returns.
Also noteworthy, Eric changed his foundation’s name from the Eric Trump Foundation to Curetivity in May — meaning the Trump brand is so toxic, he had to disguise the face behind the charity.
The post Eric Trump just got caught scamming his charity to funnel donations to his dad appeared first on Washington Press.